9499 Flatwoods Road, Gosport, IN 47433
At nearly 200 acres, Flatwoods Park is the county’s largest. The flat land originated as a lake bed in ice age times. Surrounded by farm land, Flatwoods is a peaceful place to take a walk on the paved trail through the woods or the grass trails circling the former fields. Picnic shelters and playgrounds are popular with families, while the natural areas draw bird watchers and nature lovers.
Park Hours: 8 am – 9 pm
- No motorized vehicles on grass, greenways or trails: Vehicles are considered cars, trucks, golf carts, ATV’s, motorcycles, minibikes, mopeds, & go carts.
- No overnight parking. Violators may be ticketed & towed.
- No sale or advertising of any product, food, beverage or service – no yard sales.
- No smoking or tobacco products.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No hunting.
- No fireworks.
- No littering, silly string, sidewalk chalk, or water balloons.
- No amplified music.
- No illegal drugs.
- No overnight camping.
- No removal of flora, fauna, fossils, wildlife, or geodes.
- No horses.
- Dogs must be current on Rabies vaccination, on a leash, and owners must remove dog waste.