The Drone Zone at Flatwoods Park is a designated area to fly drones for recreational purposes. The Drone Zone located just south of the parking lot.
Hours of Operation
- The Drone Zone is open during normal park hours.
- The Drone Zone is closed during field maintenance.
Drone Zone Regulations
- Youth under 12 years old must be supervised by someone who is at least 16 years old.
- All drones must weigh under 5 pounds.
- Operate within the flying site boundaries, which are indicated by the red flags at each corner of the field.
- Maintain your drone within visual line of sight at all times.
- Obey all FAA drone/unmanned aircraft system (UAS) regulations.
- Always yield right of way to other drones.
- Do not fly directly over people, animals, vehicles, or structures.
- Do not fly in a careless or reckless manner.
- Do not fly higher than 400 feet.
- Do not fly in bad weather.
- Do not fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No smoking or tobacco products.
Drone Pilot’s Responsibility While Using the Drone Zone
- Pilot operates drone at their own risk.
- Pilot is responsible for any bodily injury or property damage.
- Pilot is responsible for damage to own drone.
Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) “Special Rule for Model Aircraft”
- All drones that weigh more than 0.55 pounds must register with the FAA, https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/
- Pilot must fly for hobby or recreation only.
Pilot is responsible for any Qualifying Aircraft.