Monroe County Parks and Recreation Department encourages public involvement in the enhancement of community parks and facilities. Our Adopt-a-Greenway program allows groups and individuals to contribute to the stewardship and beautification of the Monroe County trail system.
- Identify trail section best suited for Volunteer Group.
- Manage the Release of Liability and Volunteer Agreement records.
- Acquisition, placement, and maintenance of adoption signs, as long as this agreement is in effect.
- Provide representative to serve as a liaison between the Volunteer Group and MCPR, if needed, for any communication pertaining to the program.
Volunteer Group Responsibilities
- Work with MCPR liaison to select trail section.
- Obtain a signed Release of Liability Waiver from all participants and submit to MCPR
- Abide by provided safety rules.
- Provide own necessary tools and protective equipment.
- Visit site at least once a month from April – September.
- Coordinate all pick-ups one week in advance with MCPR.
- Obtain garbage bags from MCPR.
- The trail section should be adopted for a minimum of one complete year.
- Adopters may either be an individual or a group, however Volunteer Group must identify one person to be the contact with a designated MCPR liaison.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have an adult working with them.