The Adopt-a-Flowerbed program provides volunteer groups or individuals with the opportunity to contribute to the beautification of the Monroe County park system. For more information or to check flowerbed availability, please call our office.
- Manage the Release of Liability and Volunteer Agreement records.
- Acquisition, placement, and maintenance of adoption signs, as long as this agreement is in effect.
- Provide representative to serve as a liaison between the Volunteer Group and MCPR, if needed, for any communication pertaining to the program.
- Monitor and adjust water requirements
- Monitor condition of flowerbed
- Provide mulch to volunteers when needed
- Winter\spring preparation of beds
Volunteer Group Responsibilities
- Remove and dispose of litter and weeds
- Provide own hand tools for area maintenance
- Notify department of problems or concerns
- Visit the site frequently to ensure good health of plant material
- Install mulch provided by the department when needed
- Plant and remove plants approved by the MCPR staff
- The flowerbed should be adopted for one complete growing season (May through September)
- Adopters may either be an individual or a group, however groups must identify one person to be the contact with MCPR
- Planting is restricted to only those areas identified by the department as Adopt-a-Flowerbed locations
- If at any time department staff deems the flowerbed to be unsightly, contact will be made with the individual adopter or adopter team lead
- If identified issues are not corrected within five business days, the County will take over the maintenance of the bed and may offer the bed to another group or individual